Foreclosures cause a devastating financial and psychological impact on families, safety, and blighting problems for neighborhoods. Every foreclosure has an impact on the surrounding community, the City, and the lender (or servicer) who owns the loan. Recent statistics show that the Antelope Valley may see a significant rise in foreclosures in the near future.
The last thing any homeowner wants to think about is the possibility of their lender foreclosing on their family home. No one expects to lose their home to foreclosure, understanding the process and your options may better prepare you to recognize potential problems before it’s too late.
The City of Lancaster has put together some resources for our residents who may be facing the possibility of foreclosure:
- Your Credit, Your Home and Your Future
- Your Credit, Your Home and Your Future (Spanish)
- Freddie Mac Foreclosure Information
- Freddie Mac Foreclosure Information - Spanish
- Guide to Avoiding Foreclosure - http://www.hud.gov/foreclosure/
- HOPE NOW Alliance - http://www.hopenow.com
- Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America - www.naca.com
- California Housing Finance Agency (CalHFA) - www.KeepYourHomeCalifornia.org
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance, please contact the City Clerk Department at (661) 723-6020. TDD users may call the California TDD Relay Service at 1-800-735-2922. Services such as American Sign Language interpreters, a reader during a meeting, auxiliary aids, large print copies of an agenda and/or translation assistance for non-English speakers are available upon reasonable and timely request.