In an effort to improve our neighborhoods and city streets, the City of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which will ultimately benefit our citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for an interim period, the results provide smoother roads and better infrastructure in various locations throughout Lancaster. Additionally, a number of community events take place year-round throughout the City, resulting in temporary traffic detours during event setup, activity, and breakdown. The City of Lancaster strives to provide as many opportunities as possible for community gathering and engagement.
- The BLVD Market is an opportunity for the community to gather and enjoy an offering of fresh produce and unique items in an open market atmosphere. The Market takes place every Thursday from 4 – 9 p.m. on Lancaster BLD, from Fern Avenue to Ehrlich Avenue. This area will be closed to traffic and parking 2 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. on Market days.
- Lane closures are in the vicinity of Avenue H and Division Street, as well as at Avenue H and Trevor Street, due to the Pacific Auto Recycling project.
- Lane closures are in the vicinity of 30th Street West and Avenue H-10 / Avenue I, due to infrastructure improvements related to the Copper Square Apartments project.
- Intermittent lane closures are in the vicinity of 20th Street East and Avenue J, due to shopping center improvements. The traffic signal at 20th Street East and Avenue J will be in “RED FLASH.”
- There is an intermittent lane closure on 20th Street East, between Avenue J and Avenue K, due to the 2016 Pavement Management Program.
- Lane closures on Avenue K due to the Pavement Management Program. East bound between Gadsden Ave and Challenger Way. West bound between 15TH Street East and Division Street.
- 60th Street West is closed for road construction between Avenue I and the north side of Avenue J through July.