In an effort to improve our neighborhoods and city streets, the City of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which will ultimately benefit our citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for an interim period, the end results provide smoother roads and better infrastructure in various locations throughout Lancaster. Additionally, a number of community events take place year-round throughout the City, resulting in temporary traffic detours during event setup, activity, and breakdown. The City of Lancaster strives to provide as many opportunities as possible for community gathering and engagement.
The road closures listed below are valid through April 2, 2017.
• The 2017 Los Angeles County Air Show is scheduled to take place on Saturday, March 25 and Sunday, March 26. Various streets in proximity of the General William J. Fox Airfield will be closed to accommodate air space requirements on the day of the event, as well as a few days prior for necessary aeronautic preparations. The following streets will be closed Thursday, March 23 through Sunday, March 26:
- 60th Street West, between Avenue F and Avenue G
- Avenue F between 30th Street West and 60th Street West
- 42nd Street West and 40th Street West, North of Avenue F
- Avenue G between 30th Street West and 60th Street West (will be used for designated event parking only on March 25 and March 26)
- 30th Street West between Avenue H and Avenue G. (Northbound and southbound lanes will remain open to businesses)
Air Show Closure Dates & Times:
Thursday, March 23 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Friday, March 24 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 25 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 26 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• The BLVD Market is an opportunity for the community to gather and enjoy an offering of fresh produce and unique items in an open market atmosphere. The Market takes place every Thursday from 2 – 6 p.m. on Fig Avenue, just south of and adjacent to The BLVD. This area will be closed to traffic and parking from 12 – 7:30 p.m. on Market days. The Market will remain at this location through the end of March 2017.
• Lane closures are in the vicinity of Avenue H and Division Street, as well as at Avenue H and Trevor Street, due to the Pacific Auto Recycling project.
• Lane closures are in the vicinity of 30th Street West and Avenue H-10 / Avenue I, due to infrastructure improvements related to the Copper Square Apartments project.
• Lane closures are in the vicinity of Columbia Way and 6th Street West, as well as at the Antelope Valley Transit Authority (AVTA) yard on 6th Street West, due to electrical improvements at the AVTA yard.
• 90th Street West will be closed between Avenue H and Avenue I from Monday, March 27 through Thursday, March 30 for roadway reconstruction. Detours will be in place.