In an effort to improve our neighborhoods and city streets, the City of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which will ultimately benefit our citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for an interim period, the results provide smoother roads and better infrastructure in various locations throughout Lancaster. Additionally, a number of community events take place year-round throughout the City, resulting in temporary traffic detours during event setup, activity, and breakdown. The City of Lancaster strives to provide as many opportunities as possible for community gathering and engagement.
- The BLVD Market is an opportunity for the community to gather and enjoy an offering of fresh produce and unique items in an open market atmosphere. Through April 2018, the Market will take place every Thursday from 3 – 7 p.m. on Ehrlich Avenue, just north of Lancaster BLVD. This area will be closed to traffic and parking 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Market days.
- The intersection of 10th Street West and Avenue L-8 will be in 4-way flash for traffic signal modifications on March 21 and March 22, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Northbound and southbound lane closures are in effect on 10th Street West, between Avenue M and Avenue K-15 through April 2018. The scope of work includes street widening and repair; drainage improvements; sidewalk, curb and gutter construction and repairs; as well as street light and traffic signal improvements
- The intersection of 20th Street West and Lancaster Boulevard will be in 4-way flash for traffic signal modifications on March 19 through March 22, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Weather permitting, paving operations will also take place within the intersection of 20th Street West and Lancaster Boulevard. Northbound and southbound lane closures will continue to be in effect on 20th Street West, between Avenue J and Avenue I, through May 2018. The scope of work includes street repairs; drainage improvements; sidewalk, curb and gutter construction and repairs; as well as street lighting and traffic signal improvements.
- On March 28, the roundabout at Challenger Way and East Avenue L will be closed from Noon to 8 p.m. for a film shoot.
- Lane closures are in the vicinity of 10th Street West and Avenue K, due to major roadwork associated with The Oasis project on the northwest corner.
- The 2018 Los Angeles County Air Show will take place on Saturday, March 24 and Sunday, March 25 at the General William J. Fox Airfield located at 4555 W. Avenue G in Lancaster. Various streets will be closed to accommodate air space requirements on the day of the event, as well as a few days prior for aeronautic preparations.
The following streets will be closed Thursday, March 22 through Sunday, March 25:
Closure times include:
Thursday, March 22 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Friday, March 23 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 24 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 25 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.