In an effort to improve our neighborhoods and city streets, the City of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which will ultimately benefit our citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for an interim period, the results provide smoother roads and better infrastructure in various locations throughout Lancaster. Additionally, a number of community events take place year-round throughout the City, resulting in temporary traffic detours during event setup, activity, and breakdown. The City of Lancaster strives to provide as many opportunities as possible for community gathering and engagement.
- The BLVD Market is an opportunity for the community to gather and enjoy an offering of fresh produce and unique items in an open market atmosphere. The Market’s summer hours are 4 – 9 p.m., every Thursday on Lancaster BLVD, between Ehrlich Avenue and Fern Avenue. This area will be closed to traffic and parking from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Market days.
- Intermittent lane closures are in the vicinity of Avenue L, between 40th Street West and 45th Street West, due to utility maintenance operations for the County Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County (LACSD).
- Lane closures on Eastbound and Westbound Avenue K, between 10th Street West and 12th Street West to allow for construction of new raised medians associated with the Oasis at 10K development. This phase of construction is expected to last until May 22, 2018.
- Lane closures on Ave I, between Fern Ave and 17th Street West, are associated with the City of Lancaster Avenue I Corridor Improvements project. The scope of work includes street reconstruction; sidewalk, curb and gutter construction and repairs; as well as landscape improvements.
- Lane closures are in the vicinity of 10th Street West and Avenue K-8, due to utility and street improvements for the Ram of the West development. Expect delays.
- Sidewalk closures on Kildare Street, Gadsden Avenue and Lancaster Blvd. near The BLVD Starbucks location are due to construction related to the Marriott Hotel development.
- Beech Avenue will be closed from Lancaster Blvd. to Milling Street, between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m., on Saturday, May 26 for the Hot Dog Rodz Cruise-In.
- 20th Street West, between Avenue I and Lancaster Blvd., will have intermittent lane closures through May 31 for street improvements. Please note: there is a new traffic pattern on 20th Street West between Avenue I and Avenue J-8.
- Sierra Highway, between Avenue K and Avenue K-8, will have intermittent lane closures through May 25 for roadway re-striping and pedestrian improvements.