The overall intent of the Master Plan of Trails and Bikeways is to guide the planning and design of pedestrian, bicycle and equestrian facilities in a comprehensive manner throughout Lancaster. The City’s vision is to create a connected network of on-road and off-road trails and bikeway facilities to accommodate users of all ages and abilities including equestrians. When implemented, this network will provide linkages between residential areas, commercial centers, transportation hubs, employment centers, and recreational activities. The overarching, long-term of this Master Plan is to guide the development of a pleasant, safe, and convenient non-motorized transportation network that everyone in Lancaster can use.
The Master Plan of Trails and Bikeways has been a collaborative effort with a variety of community interest, from transportation, public health, law enforcement, people with disabilities, schools, public and community-based bicycling, walking, equestrian groups and general public. The Master Plan directly responds to citizen input from the General Planning process. The Master Plan is a comprehensive plan that will guide the design and development of pedestrian, bicycle and trail facilities that will encourage people to use healthy transportation modes in Lancaster.
Click here to view:
MASTER PLAN OF TRAILS AND BIKEWAYS
- Map of Proposed Bikeway Network
- Proposed Pedestrian Trails
- 2020 Lancaster Bikeways Map - Completed and Scheduled Projects
LINKS OF INTEREST:
- Featured Video: Lancaster - A Livable Community
- Featured Video: "Enhancing the Quality of Life Through Walkability"
- Lancaster Bike Safety Tips
- Antelope Valley Partners for Health
- Biking in the AV
LOS ANGELES COUNTY PARTNERS:
- RENEW Los Angeles County: www.choosehealthLA.com
- Los Angeles County Public Health, Division of Chronic Disease and Injury
- Los Angeles County Public Health, Policies for Livable, Active Communities and Environments (PLACE)
- Antelope Valley Bicycle Coalition
- Antelope Valley Triathlon Club
- Back Country Horsemen (AV Unit)
- ETI Corral 138
- High Desert Cyclists
- High Desert Runners