The Utility Services Section manages, operates and maintains the City-owned recycled water program, storm drain system, sanitary sewer collection system, and municipal utility programs.
The main functions of the recycled water program are to:
- Comply with recycled water ordinances and requirements
- Follow the recycled water master plan
- Facilitate and administer the sale of recycled water
- Review and modify, as needed, the recycled water rates and fees
- Maintain the recycled water infrastructure
The main functions of the storm drain system are to:
- Adhere to appropriate laws, rules and regulations
- Provide operation and maintenance of the storm drain piping system
- Ensure free flow of storm water during rainfall events.
- Adhere to sewer ordinances and requirements
- Provide operations and maintenance in a manner that eliminates sanitary sewer overflows
- Determine and add all new parcels being served by the sewer collection system to the assessment list
- Plan for the orderly expansion of the sewerage collection system for best operation throughout the City
- Review and modify, as needed, the sewer service charges, including the preparation of an annual report and an assessment list for placement on the county tax rolls for collection.
The Sewer Management program includes: Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) control and industrial waste inspections and enforcement.