The purpose of the Neighborhood Community Building Division is to identify neighborhood strengths and opportunities, describe strategies for neighborhood improvement, and provide the information necessary for all interested parties to make decisions about neighborhood investments. More specifically, neighborhood action plans are intended to:
- Forge partnerships through collaboration. Building community requires work by all sectors, local residents, community-based organizations, City and County governments, neighborhood groups, businesses, schools, religious institutions, health and social service agencies, in an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, and respect.
- Inform County agencies, neighborhood residents, and other interested parties about neighborhood strategies, goals, priorities and assets.
- Build community strengths on neighborhood capacities and assets.
- Focus the activities of the City, County agencies, neighborhood groups, and other partners towards the priorities and opportunities identified in the plan.
- Foster broad community participation as new programs and policies are shaped by community residents.
- Target limited resources based on clear priorities in order to strengthen the neighborhood.
- Value cultural strengths by promoting the values and history of many cultural traditions and ethnic groups.
- Support families and children as strong families are the cornerstone of strong communities; current efforts help families help themselves.
Documents available for download
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance, please contact the City Clerk Department at (661) 723-6020. TDD users may call the California TDD Relay Service at 1-800-735-2922. Services such as American Sign Language interpreters, a reader during a meeting, auxiliary aids, large print copies of an agenda and/or translation assistance for non-English speakers are available upon reasonable and timely request.