A significant component of the removal of blight and revitalization is the construction and rehabilitation of affordable housing for families of various ages and incomes in the community.
The Housing Division reviews areas within the City to determine the condition and needs of the neighborhood in order to develop a strategy and implementation plan to enhance the aesthetics of the area; redevelop specific challenged housing; improve the stability of existing neighborhoods; provide subdivision and site planning design guidance for infill development; and ensure adequate infrastructure.
Home Improvement Guides:
Recent Publications - LIVING IN LANCASTER
- 2008 Housing Needs Assessment
- Referral Guide for Families
- 5 Year Implementation Plan Volume I
- 5 Year Implementation Plan Volume II
- Housing Successor Annual Report Fiscal Year 2013-14
- Housing Successor Annual Report Fiscal Year 2014-15
- Housing Successor Annual Report Fiscal Year 2015-16
- Housing Successor Annual Report FY 16-17
- Housing Successor Annual Report FY 17-18
- Housing Successor Annual Report FY 18-19
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance, please contact the City Clerk Department at (661) 723-6020. TDD users may call the California TDD Relay Service at 1-800-735-2922. Services such as American Sign Language interpreters, a reader during a meeting, auxiliary aids, large print copies of an agenda and/or translation assistance for non-English speakers are available upon reasonable and timely request.