As of October 6, 2015, the City of Lancaster is designated as an authorized United States Passport Acceptance Facility.
This facility is by appointment only. We regret that we do not accept walk-ins and suggest you book an appointment early as wait times for appointments are approximately 4-5 weeks away.
The City of Lancaster, City Clerk Office is pleased to offer the following passport services:
- Acceptance of applications for new passport books and passport cards (land and sea travel to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda only)*
- Expedited processing
- Forms for other passport services
Our facility does not accept passport renewal applications for adults as this process can be completed by mail – unless you were 16 or younger when you received your most recent passport or it expired over 5 years ago.
Please bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Completed UNSIGNED DS-11 form**
- ORIGINAL and/or CERTIFIED copies of proof of U.S. Citizenship (CA Birth Abstracts not acceptable)
- VALID Primary Identification (Applicants and parents of minor applicants)
- Photocopy of primary identification (front and back)
- Passport photo (taken within the last six months)
- Check or money order payable to the "Department of State" for the APPLICATION FEE
- Cash, check or money order for the PROCESSING FEE
- NO CREDIT CARDS ARE ACCEPTED
Please note that photos provided to the City from outside sources must conform to the
Per the U.S. State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs, non-refundable fees for passport services include an application fee (payable to the U.S. Department of State by personal check, money order, or bank draft only - no cash may be accepted for the U.S. Department of State's portion) and, in most instances, an execution fee (payable to the City of Lancaster by personal check, money order, bank draft, or cash only).
Credit Cards are not accepted for any passport payment.
For more information please click on the following link to the U.S. Department of State website:
For additional information not listed on this webpage, please visit the https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/how-to-apply.html