We are here for you! Although many City facilities have closed due to the “Stay at Home” order by the State and County, Lancaster City Hall is open with with appropriate measures to protect the health of the community, we are planning for several contingency scenarios and taking decisive, informed action to limit the spread of COVID-19, while also ensuring the continuity of our services and programs.
We encourage our residents to take advantage of our services offered online, however if you do need to come into City Hall, please enter through the south entrance near the Council Chambers.
Listed below are all the available City services online and over the phone. Please check back often for updates.
Please call 661-723-6020 or click HERE
Please call 661-723-6033 or click HERE
Apply/renew business and rental housing licenses (however all payments are suspended for 90 days)
Pay Code Enforcement and Parking Citations online (again payment suspended for 90 days)
Pay AR invoices online, this includes retiree healthcare payments, these payments are not suspended.
BUILDING AND SAFETY
Please call 661-723-6144 or click HERE
- Most of our basic building permits can be obtained on-line at https://aca.accela.com/LANCASTER/Default.aspx
- For projects that are more involved and that will require plan submittal and review, these can also be done remotely by following these steps:
- Complete the permit application that is available on our City web-site https://www.cityoflancasterca.org/about-us/departments-services/development-services/city-engineering/building-and-safety/fee-schedules-forms and email the application to our counter technicians at email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org, who can then create the permit for them.
- Register for an account with accela. Building and Safety can provide instructions or they can simply apply for the account by visiting our web-site and use the "Apply for a permit" link. https://aca.accela.com/LANCASTER/Default.aspxOnce the permit is applicated the applicant will need to contact us so that we can link them to the record. From here the plans can be uploaded and fees can be paid through accela. All of this can be accomplished on line and through emails.
- Following the directive from the CDPH regarding social distancing, non-essential building inspections will be postponed until April 1st. In particular inspections that involve entering private residences for routine inspection such as mechanical changeout, water heaters replacement, or similar projects. If unsure please contact Building and Safety for direction.
Please call 661-723-6100 or click HERE
If you are submitting a planning application for review, please follow the following:
- Download and fill out a copy of the planning application from our website
- Submit an electronic copy of your plans to email@example.com. Staff will notify you when your application is received. You will need to coordinate with the City’s Finance Division and pay for your application either remotely or in-person
- Planning inspections will be postponed until April 1st, until further notice
Please call (661) 723-6049 or click HERE
- Most of our grading and encroachment permits can be obtained on-line through our permitting system Accela. Register online at https://aca.accela.com/lancaster/and click on Apply for Permit.
- For grading and encroachment projects that are more involved and that will require plan submittal and review, these also be done remotely by following these steps:
- All of this can be accomplished on line and through emails.
- Once the permit is applicated the applicant can notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From here the plans can be uploaded and fees can be paid through Accela.
- Following the directive from the CPHD regarding social distancing, grading and encroachment inspections that can be postponed will be until April 1st. If unsure please contact Engineering Inspection Hotline for direction at (661) 723-6157.