City of Lancaster Weekly Road Closures through November 17, 2019
In an effort to improve our neighborhoods and city streets, the City of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which will ultimately benefit our citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for an interim period, the results provide smoother roads and better infrastructure in various locations throughout Lancaster. Additionally, a number of community events take place year-round throughout the City, resulting in temporary traffic detours during event setup, activity, and breakdown. The City of Lancaster strives to provide as many opportunities as possible for community gathering and engagement.
- The BLVD Market is an opportunity for the community to gather and enjoy an offering of fresh produce and unique items in an open market atmosphere. Beginning November 7, the Market’s fall and winter hours are 3 – 7 p.m., every Thursday on Lancaster Blvd., between Ehrlich Avenue and Fern Avenue. On Market days, this area will be closed to traffic and parking, prior to and following the Market hours, to allow for set up and tear down.
- Intersection construction and concrete improvements related to Public Works Construction Project 17-005 will be taking place on Gadsden Avenue and Heaton Avenue at Avenues J-10 and J-12, as well as on Beech Avenue at Avenues J-4 and J-10. Access, although limited at times, will be permitted during construction. Please obey construction flagmen as they assist with safe passage through construction areas. Alternate routes are recommended. Expect delays.
- Intermittent lane closures at 30th Street West and Avenue K are due to Public Works Construction Project 17-012. The scope of work includes traffic signal modifications and pedestrian bulb-outs, in addition to multiple utility and infrastructure improvements.
- Intermittent lane closures in the vicinity of the roundabout at Lancaster Blvd. and 15th Street West due to construction activity.
- Construction activity related to the installation of new street lighting on Avenue J-10 between Heaton and Beech Avenues due to Public Works Construction Project 17-005, 2020 Safe Routes to School.
- East and westbound lane closures on Avenue K between 27th and 30th Street East due to a Los Angeles County Department of Public Works water main installation. 30th St East will be closed to south bound traffic and left turns will not be allowed for all other directions of travel. 27th Street East will be closed to cross traffic. One lane will remain open in each direction on Avenue K, expect delays. The project is scheduled for completion on November 27.
- Shoulder and sidewalk closures on the northeast corner of 25th Street West and Avenue J-8 for sidewalk repairs.
- Intermittent lane closures on 60th Street West just north of Avenue J for miscellaneous work related to storm drain improvements.
- Curb lane closure on West bound Avenue J at Elm Avenue related to Public Work Construction Project 18-007.
- Intermittent lane closures at 30th East and Avenue K and at 25th West and Avenue J-8 related to Public Works Construction Project 17-019 Traffic Signal Upgrades.
- Lane closures at 20th Street West and Avenue L for new utility improvements related to the new Chevron gas station/car wash on the southeast corner.
- As part of the 2019 Pavement Management Program Public, Works Construction Project 19-001, expect temporary road closures, intermittent lane closures, and no parking in the following locations through November 22:
- The neighborhood between 10th Street West and 20th Street West and Avenue I and Lancaster Boulevard, which includes the neighborhood between 10th Street West and Beech Avenue and Avenue K to Avenue J-8.
- 4th Street East between Avenue L and Avenue M and 30th Street West between Avenue M and Avenue N.