City of Lancaster Weekly Road Closures through May 26, 2019
In an effort to improve our neighborhoods and city streets, the City of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which will ultimately benefit our citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for an interim period, the results provide smoother roads and better infrastructure in various locations throughout Lancaster. Additionally, a number of community events take place year-round throughout the City, resulting in temporary traffic detours during event setup, activity, and breakdown. The City of Lancaster strives to provide as many opportunities as possible for community gathering and engagement.
- The BLVD Market is an opportunity for the community to gather and enjoy an offering of fresh produce and unique items in an open market atmosphere. The Market’s spring and summer hours are 4 – 9 p.m., every Thursday on Lancaster Blvd., between Ehrlich Avenue and Fern Avenue. This area will be closed to traffic and parking from 1 – 11 p.m. on Market days.
- Lane closures at 10th Street West and Avenue I due to Public Works Construction Project 17-012. Scope of work includes traffic signal modifications and pedestrian bulb-outs, in addition to multiple utility and infrastructure improvements.
- The intersection of Lancaster Blvd. and 15th Street East will be closed to traffic through May 30 due to Public Works Construction Project 17-007, Lancaster Blvd. and 15th Street East roundabout.Drivers are encouraged to utilize an alternate route.
- The intersection of Lancaster Blvd. and 15th Street West will be closed to northbound and southbound travel due to Public Works Construction Project 17-006. This intersection is currently controlled with stop signs. Drivers are permitted to proceed through intersection east and westbound. Traffic signals have been removed to facilitate the conversion of this signalized intersection to a roundabout.
- Sidewalk closures on Kildare Street, Gadsden Avenue, and Lancaster Blvd. near The BLVD Starbucks location are due to construction related to the Marriott Hotel development.
- 60th Street West is closed to thru traffic between Avenue J and the entrance to the California State Prison due to private development storm drain improvements.