In an effort to improve our neighborhoods and city streets, the City of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which will ultimately benefit our citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for an interim period, the results provide smoother roads and better infrastructure in various locations throughout Lancaster. Additionally, a number of community events take place year-round throughout the City, resulting in temporary traffic detours during event setup, activity, and breakdown. The City of Lancaster strives to provide as many opportunities as possible for community gathering and engagement.
- The BLVD Market is an opportunity for the community to gather and enjoy an offering of fresh produce and unique items in an open market atmosphere. The Market’s summer hours are 4 – 9 p.m., every Thursday on Lancaster BLVD, between Ehrlich Avenue and Fern Avenue. This area will be closed to traffic and parking from 1 – 11 p.m. on Market days.
- Sidewalk closures on Kildare Street, Gadsden Avenue, and Lancaster Blvd. near The BLVD Starbucks location are due to construction related to the Marriott Hotel development.
- Intermittent lane closures on Lancaster Blvd., east of 40th Street East, are due to utility and street improvements at Lancaster Baptist College.
- Street closures October 18-20 from Capital Drive to Fortunes Way, West Avenue K-12 being closed from 5th Street East to Capital Drive, and Venture Street closing at Capital Drive for the Lance Camper Owner event. Closures will be in place on the evening of the October 17 until noon on the October 20.
- October 21, MOAH will host free POW!WOW! AV Block Party. Lancaster Blvd will be closed from Fig Avenue to Date Avenue from 10 a.m.-8 p.m.