City of Lancaster Weekly Road Closures through September 22, 2019
In an effort to improve our neighborhoods and city streets, the City of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which will ultimately benefit our citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for an interim period, the results provide smoother roads and better infrastructure in various locations throughout Lancaster. Additionally, a number of community events take place year-round throughout the City, resulting in temporary traffic detours during event setup, activity, and breakdown. The City of Lancaster strives to provide as many opportunities as possible for community gathering and engagement.
- The BLVD Market is an opportunity for the community to gather and enjoy an offering of fresh produce and unique items in an open market atmosphere. The Market’s spring and summer hours are 4 – 9 p.m., every Thursday on Lancaster Blvd., between Ehrlich Avenue and Fern Avenue. This area will be closed to traffic and parking from 1 – 11 p.m. on Market days.
- The 20th annual Moparty car show and fundraiser returns to The BLVD on Saturday, September 14 from 3 – 8 p.m. Lancaster Blvd. will be closed between Fig and Date Avenues from noon to 9 p.m.
- Sidewalk closures on Kildare Street, Gadsden Avenue, and Lancaster Blvd. near The BLVD Starbucks location are due to construction related to the Marriott Hotel development.
- Construction activity and intersection lane closures in the vicinity of Monte Vista Elementary School due to Capital Project PWCP 17-005. Work includes intersection reconstructions, sidewalks, driveways, and tree removals.
- Intermittent lane closures at 30th Street West and Avenue K are due to Public Works Construction Project 17-012. The scope of work includes traffic signal modifications and pedestrian bulb-outs, in addition to multiple utility and infrastructure improvements.
- Intermittent lane closures in the vicinity of the roundabout at Lancaster Blvd. and 15th Street West due to construction activity.
- Construction activity related to the installation of new street lighting on Avenue J-10 between Heaton and Beech Avenues due to Public Works Construction Project 17-005, 2020 Safe Routes to School.
- East and westbound lane closures on Avenue K between 20th and 25th Street East due to a Los Angeles County Department of Public Works water main installation. The traffic signal at 20th Street East and Avenue K will be in flash mode (4-way stop), and there will be limited left turns permitted at 20th. 22nd Street East will be closed to cross traffic. One lane will remain open in each direction on Ave K, expect delays. Project is scheduled for completion on November 11.
- Shoulder and sidewalk closures on the northeast corner of 25th Street West and Avenue J-8 for sidewalk repairs.
- Intermittent lane closures on 60th Street West just north of Avenue J for miscellaneous work related to storm drain improvements.