City of Lancaster Weekly Road Closures through July 21, 2019
In an effort to improve our neighborhoods and city streets, the City of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which will ultimately benefit our citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for an interim period, the results provide smoother roads and better infrastructure in various locations throughout Lancaster. Additionally, a number of community events take place year-round throughout the City, resulting in temporary traffic detours during event setup, activity, and breakdown. The City of Lancaster strives to provide as many opportunities as possible for community gathering and engagement.
- The BLVD Market is an opportunity for the community to gather and enjoy an offering of fresh produce and unique items in an open market atmosphere. The Market’s spring and summer hours are 4 – 9 p.m., every Thursday on Lancaster Blvd., between Ehrlich Avenue and Fern Avenue. This area will be closed to traffic and parking from 1 – 11 p.m. on Market days.
- The intersection of Lancaster Blvd. and 15th Street West will be controlled by flagging operations to facilitate the installation of in road way lighting for the newly constructed pedestrian crosswalks. Flagging operations will also be taking place along 15th Street West between Avenue J and Lancaster Blvd.
- Intermittent lane and street closures in the following locations: 60th Street West between Avenue J and Avenue L; 55th Street West between Avenue L and Avenue L-8; the neighborhood between Challenger Way and 6th Street East and between Avenue K and Avenue K-12; the neighborhood between 25th and 30th Street West and between Avenue J-8 and Avenue K. These closures are due to street improvements for Capital Project PWCP 18-001. This work will begin June 16 and continue through August 19.
- Sidewalk closures on Kildare Street, Gadsden Avenue, and Lancaster Blvd. near The BLVD Starbucks location are due to construction related to the Marriott Hotel development.
- The intersection of 20th Street East and Lancaster Blvd. will be closed to through traffic. This will include the closure of 20th Street East between Lancaster Blvd. and Nugent Street, as well as Lancaster Blvd. between 20th and 21st Street East. This closure is scheduled to be in place from June 10 to July 30.
- 60th Street West is closed to through traffic between Avenue J and the entrance to the California State Prison due to private development storm drain improvements.
- Construction activity and intersection lane closures in the vicinity of Monte Vista Elementary School are due to Capital Project PWCP 17-005. Work includes intersection reconstructions, sidewalks, driveways and tree removals.
- Lane closures at 30th Street West and Avenue K are due to Public Works Construction Project 17-012. The scope of work includes traffic signal modifications and pedestrian bulb-outs, in addition to multiple utility and infrastructure improvements.