City of Lancaster Weekly Road Closures through January 26, 2020
In an effort to improve our neighborhoods and city streets, the City of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which will ultimately benefit our citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for an interim period, the results provide smoother roads and better infrastructure in various locations throughout Lancaster. Additionally, a number of community events take place year-round throughout the City, resulting in temporary traffic detours during event setup, activity, and breakdown. The City of Lancaster strives to provide as many opportunities as possible for community gathering and engagement.
- Concrete improvements related to Public Works Construction Project 17-005, 2020 Safe Routes to School, will be taking place on Avenue H-8 between 10th Street West and 20th Street West; on 15th Street West between Avenues H-10 and I; as well as on Saigon Avenue between Avenues J-10 and J-12. The majority of work will have minimal impact on traffic. Construction activity is related to the installation of new street lighting on Avenue J-10 between Heaton and Beech Avenues.
- East and westbound lane closures on Avenue K between 20th and 30th Street East due to a Los Angeles County Department of Public Works water main installation. 30th Street East will be closed to southbound traffic and left turns will not be allowed for all other directions of travel. 27th Street East will be closed to cross traffic. 20th Street East will have limited left turns. One lane will remain open in each direction on Avenue K, expect delays. Intersections are expected to be open to traffic on or about Friday January 31.
- Intermittent lane closures on 60th Street West just north of Avenue J for miscellaneous work related to storm drain improvements.
- Curb lane closure on West bound Avenue J at Elm Avenue related to Public Work Construction Project 18-007.
- Intermittent lane closures at 30th East and Avenue K and at 25th West and Avenue J-8 related to Public Works Construction Project 17-019 Traffic Signal Upgrades.
- Lane closures at 20th Street West and Avenue L for new utility improvements related to the new Chevron gas station/car wash on the southeast corner.