City of Lancaster Weekly Road Closures through July 3, 2020
Lancaster, CA. June 19, 2020 – In an effort to improve our neighborhoods and city streets, the City of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which will ultimately benefit our citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for an interim period, the results provide smoother roads and better infrastructure in various locations throughout Lancaster. Additionally, a number of community events take place year-round throughout the City, resulting in temporary traffic detours during event setup, activity, and breakdown. The City of Lancaster strives to provide as many opportunities as possible for community gathering and engagement.
- Avenue L-8 and 65th west was upgraded to an all-way stop this week. Please be aware of the new traffic pattern.
- Curb lane closure on westbound Avenue J at Elm Avenue related to Public Works Construction Project 18-007.
- Intermittent traffic control at Desert View Elementary, W Avenue H-8 from 15th W to Saigon Ave., and W Ave. H-10 from 15th W to Saigon for asphalt/concrete improvements at intersections. Flagging will be in place as needed. A new traffic pattern will be in place on 15th St. W from Ave. I to Ave. H. New ALL WAY STOP has been installed at the intersection of 15th St. W and Ave. H-8, Northbound and Southbound. All work is related to Public Works Construction Project 17-005, “2020 Safe Routes to School.”
- Road construction on Avenue K-4 between Sierra Vista Dr. and Alep St. due to Public Works Construction Project 20-009, “Prime Desert Woodlands Preserve Gap Closure.”
- Road construction lane closure and detour at Lowtree Ave. and Norberry St. due to Public Works Construction Project 20-003, “2019 Sidewalks, Curb & Gutter Repairs.”
- Intermittent lane closures on Avenue I between Challenger and 35th St. East due to Public Works Construction Project 17-014 and 17-015. Improvements include walkways, curb and gutter, street light improvements, buffered bike lanes, signing, striping, and slurry.
- Night time lane closures at 10th Street West and Ave. K for So. Cal. Gas repair work within the intersection. Closures will occur between 8 PM and 7 AM. There will be at least one lane open in each direction.