City of Lancaster Weekly Road Closures through August 14, 2020
Lancaster, CA. August 1, 2020 – In an effort to improve our neighborhoods and city streets, the City of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which will ultimately benefit our citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for an interim period, the results provide smoother roads and better infrastructure in various locations throughout Lancaster. Additionally, a number of community events take place year-round throughout the City, resulting in temporary traffic detours during event setup, activity, and breakdown. The City of Lancaster strives to provide as many opportunities as possible for community gathering and engagement.
- East bound Bike Lane and right turn lanes closed on Avenue I between Division Street and 5th St. East due to Public Works Construction Project 20-003 “2019 Sidewalks, Curb & Gutter Repairs.
- The BLVD will be closed on Friday and Saturday nights to accommodate Hot Summer Nights from 4 PM – 10 PM.
- Weekly street closure on the BLVD between Fern and Ehrlich Ave. during the farmer’s market on Thursday’s from 2 PM – 10 PM.
- Construction work at Ave. K and 17th St. W. Third westbound lane on Avenue K closed between 15th St. W and 20th St. W for wheel chair ramp construction at Lowtree Ave. and Norberry St.
- Construction work for wheel chair reconstruction at 25th St. W and Dalin St., and at 25th St. W and Edam St. also at Ave. K-4 and 5th St E and Ave. K-4 and 6th St. E due to Public Works Construction Project 20-003 “2019 Sidewalks, Curb & Gutter Repairs”
- Curb lane closure on westbound Ave. J at Elm Ave. related to Public Works Construction Project 18-007.
- Road construction on Avenue K-4 between Sierra Vista Dr. and Alep St. due to Public Works Construction Project 20-009, “Prime Desert Woodlands Preserve Gap Closure.”
- Intermittent lane closures on Avenue I between Challenger and 35th St. East due to Public Works Construction Project 17-014 and 17-015. Improvements include walkways, curb and gutter, street light improvements, buffered bike lanes, signing, striping, and slurry.