City of Lancaster Weekly Road Closures through March 8, 2020
Lancaster, CA. February 26, 2020 – In an effort to improve our neighborhoods and city streets, the City of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which will ultimately benefit our citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for an interim period, the results provide smoother roads and better infrastructure in various locations throughout Lancaster. Additionally, a number of community events take place year-round throughout the City, resulting in temporary traffic detours during event setup, activity, and breakdown. The City of Lancaster strives to provide as many opportunities as possible for community gathering and engagement.
- The City of Lancaster has installed new stop signs at the intersection of Avenue J and 70th East. This intersection is now an All-Way Stop.
- Intermittent traffic control on Avenue K between 20th and 30th Streets East for pavement striping operations related to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Works water main installation.
- Curb lane closure on westbound Avenue J at Elm Avenue related to Public Work Construction Project 18-007.
- Lane closures at 20th Street West and Avenue L for new utility improvements related to the new Chevron gas station/car wash on the southeast corner.
- Intermittent traffic control and street closures related to Public Works Construction Project 20-001 “Pavement Management Program” in the following locations: Neighborhoods bounded by Avenues J to J-8 and 40th to 50th Streets West. Avenues K to K-8 and 15th to 20th Street West and 30th to 35th Street West. Jackman Street to Newgrove Street and 30th to 35th Street West. Lancaster Blvd to Avenue J and 10th to 15th Street West.